Meghalaya - The abode of clouds
Batch 1: 30th Sept
Batch 2: 7th Oct ( PLEASE SELECT AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
Meghalaya is one of the most beautiful states in North-East #India offering a variety of sights, activities, food and festivals to the travelers. It is well known for #Cherrapunji, the place which receives maximum rainfall in the world. Meghalaya can mesmerize you with it's hills, valleys, lakes, caves and #waterfalls which gives it a splendid look covered with beautiful clouds.
Places to Visit:-
- Nohkalikai Falls - highest in India
- Krung Shuri Waterfalls
- Dawki River (Crystal Clear Water)
- Mawlynnong Village (Cleanest Village in Asia)
- Living root bridge
- Mawsmai Caves
- Airforce Museum
- Eco Park
- Double Decker living Root Bridge
Arrive at #Guwahati airport or Railway station till 10 am, pickup, move towards ‘’TUBER’’ village in ‘’East Jintiya Hills’’. Settle down in Homestay. Local sightseeing for rest of the day.
Wake up early morning 5 am (sunrise time 4:30 here) and go to ‘’KRUNG SHURI’’ waterfalls, Boating at ‘’DAWKI RIVER (crystal clear water), VISIT TO Cleanest village of Asia ‘’MAWLYNNONG’’ & Living root bridge.
Travel to Cherrapunji, local sightseeing- 1. Mawsmai cave, 2. Seven sisters falls, 3. Nohkalikai falls, 4. Mawkdok valley, 5. Eco park, 6. Air force museum etc. Stay @ some hotel.
Trek to Double Decker living root bridge. Explore some more places and then back to hotel.
Move to shillong by jeep, Local sightseeing at shillong- 1. Elephanta falls, 2. Ward’s lake, 3. Shillong peak, 4. Rhino heritage museum, 5. Shopping In police bazaar/ bada bazar. Stay in 1 big room / Dormitory.
Move to Guwahati and visit some places in Guwahati (Assam State)
Bye Bye to memorable Meghalaya and awesome Assam, move towards Guwahati airport/railway station
Fees: Rs.16,000/- (Ex-Guwahati)
Non-refundable advance: Rs.5000
Remaining amount to be paid during trip in cash
Expected Flight Expense from Mumbai to Guwahati and back: Rs.12000 (flight cost info may be outdated by the time you read this itinerary).
Rs.600 discounts to
- Army, Navy, Air force, Police etc.
- Journalists, Editors, News Anchors, Radio Jockeys
- Physiotherapists, Dentists and Doctors
- Instagram/Twitter/YouTube users with more than 5000 followers (conditions applied)
- Owners of bakeries, restaurants and Cafes (listed on Zomato or other sites)
- Participated in national level sports in adults category
- Climbed any peak above 5000m within last 5 years
- Virtually all expenses from Guwahati
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and refreshments
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses in jeep Guwahati onwards for the whole trip
- Entry charges at various monasteries and other places
- Travel guidance in Meghalaya
- Basic fee does not include travel fare till Guwahati
- Any exotic or expensive food, drinks etc.
- Any personal expenditure.
--- Send your money in following account ---
- Identity card
- Medical and consent form - PRINT
- Jacket, sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves etc.
- Rechargeable torches
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- Two water bottles all time in your bags
- An umbrella. Light drizzle is expected.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc. Please don’t expect to get medical stores everywhere
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. Avoid carrying sling bags.
Recommended but not compulsory
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- Juice packets, dry fruits, Ready to eat food etc.