Trek to Kohoj, near Palghar
Dark Green Adventures (#DGA) invites you for yet another marvelous but lesser explored fort of Maharashtra. The 4 hours hike to Kohoj fort has all ingredients for a pleasant trek - small lakes, hills, plateaus, misty atmosphere, flora and fauna, remote hamlets. The two very peculiarly shaped pinnacles were the guiding #lighthouse. The view from the top is mind blowing. You can see Dheraj River, Bandre dam and Tak-Mak.
THIS TREK IS SCHEDULED FOR MULTIPLE DATES - 12th Sept, 27th Oct, 15th Dec, 29th Dec, 12th Jan, 26th Jan, 9th Feb, 23rd Feb, 9th Mar & 321st May - Required date can be selected while filling registration form.
21:10 - Reach Palghar which is the final meeting point and move towards base village in a local transport.
You can take the 6:35 pm passenger train from Panvel going towards Dahanu. This train crosses Kopar (Central Railway) at 7:29 pm and from Virar (Western #Railway) at 8:34 pm.
22:30 - Reach base village. Have Introduction and #dinner
05:30 - Start #trekking. #Breakfast on the way
10:00 - Reach pinnacle and explore
11:00 - Start descending
13:30 - Enjoy in the lake at the base
14:30 - Reach base village and have #lunch
15:30 - Reach Palghar and take next train for #Mumbai
18:00 - Reach #Dadar
Fees: Rs.1000 (to be paid in advance; non-refundable)
25% discounts to (Select Ticket Accordingly)
- Army, Navy, Air force, Police etc.
- Journalists, Editors, News Anchors, Radio Jockeys
- Physiotherapists, Dentists and Doctors
- Instagram/Twitter/YouTube users with more than 5000 followers (conditions applied)
- Owners of bakeries, restaurants and Cafes (listed on Zomato or other sites)
- Participated in national level sports in adults category
- Climbed any peak above 5000m within last 5 years
- Travel from Palghar to base village and back (30 kms-one way)
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- Expertise and guide charges
- Train tickets to Palghar
- Anything not mentioned above
Things to carry:
- 2 litre water (preferably in PET bottles)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- An extra pair of clothes if you want to swim in lake
- Mosquito repellent cream
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets and #fruits like oranges, pears, pomegranate, dates etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Tag our page on your travel pictures in Instagram and Facebook. You might get a chance to win Paytm cash.
** Carrying or consuming alcohol and addictive substance is strictly prohibited in #trek. If caught, you will be expelled from group without any further discussions or refund.